Thursday 3 April 2008

What a day!

Yesterday's talk went very well, I did my talk first..I was very nervous to start with,but as usual, once I got into the flow of things I was ok. I was the only Volunteer person there, everyone else was working for the NHS or one of the other establishments. I really enjoyed it, and I have decided that if the day comes when I can return to work, I would love to be a speaker...obviously doing something for people who have lung disease. I even managed to mention to people about organ donation..so maybe a few people will sign up? I hope so.

My best friend Val came with me, I can't walk far enough to be able to go alone anymore...Bob would have taken me, but I find it hard to do my talks when we are together...as it can get very emotional at times. As you can read from my last post, I didn't get any sleep the night before...not even 5 minutes so I was shattered. We could have stayed until the end, which would have been 4.30, but when my friend looked at me, she could tell that I was having trouble staying awake...so we decided to leave early, and this way we would avoid the rush hour traffic. I set the tom tom up with my postcode and the stupid thing couldn't even manage to get us out of the car park!! lol. I am sure it must have been in male mode that day.

We eventually got home, and after dropping Val off I came home, got my pj's on and looking for something to eat. I was so tired, that i decided to have some soup and then get to my bed. I was meant to have my friend come over and do my hair, but I was even to tired for that, so I rang and cancelled. Anyway I had my gourmet meal, and then laid on the bed. Next thing I remember was at 7.30 this morning! I had fell asleep with the TV,lights, and PC still running, and my tablets still on the bedside cabinet. I had not even had my nebuliser. I was so tired from the night before that I think I would have slept through a major disaster! But at least I had a solid nights sleep, which is something I had not done for a long time.

In the post this morning was the letter I had been waiting for. It was from the transplant team to let me know when I would be going to see them after I had the angiogram. I will be going on the 23rd of this month..so not long to wait now. I should know if I am suitable to go on the list. I thought I would have been really pleased to get the date, but to be honest I feel terrified. How am I meant to feel? In one way I am really pleased to know that I could finally be on the list, but I am also scared of the unknown. There are so many questions I want to ask! Then I keep thinking that this time next year I could be planning a holiday with Bob, or could even just go shopping without having to worry about my oxygen running out, and being able to walk far enough, without gasping for air. The world could be my oyster. But it would just be nice to have a more normal life. I hope my grandchildren are ready for there nanny to join them going down the slide!!!














1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey look at you with a new blog! Im expecting to hear frequent updates now mrs! Its great to hear you talking so positive and not letting things get you down..you never loose your humour no matter how crazy the situation is. We're all so proud of you Lynn, you cope remarkably..an inspiration to many.

Your always in my thoughts, keep fighting, smiling and stay strong. Your big day coming up soon..everything is crossed xx

Lots and lots of love and special cuddles,

Natalie aka Nattie- noodles lol
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx