Tuesday 8 April 2008

OUT OF PUFF!!!!!

Well I have to admit, the last few days have been very hard. Sometimes I try to continue.. even though life is a struggle, but more often than not, I like to remain my normal, positive self!
Yesterday I did a talk at my hospital. I do this once every 6 weeks, to the people who attend the rehabilitation group! It is an excellent way to show people with COPD, etc......that living with a lung disease does not have to stop you enjoying your life.They reintroduce exercise, diet, breathing techniques, and all of this gives the person more confidence to life their life to their full potential. The reason that I go, is to tell them all about the support group that I chair. And to tell them about my perspective on living a life with lung disease! But I have to admit that yesterday was a struggle.
My breathing has been more laboured the last few days, and to talk to the group, trying to remain positive and my usual cheerful self, was extremely hard. But I am honest with them, and I do tell them that sometimes we get days when life gets difficult. But if we take life a day at a time then it becomes easier to deal with. So at this time I have to remember what I preach!! even though it is not how I want to feel.
I did intent to write in my blog every day.....so that I can put my anger, fears and frustrations down on paper, hoping that it will help me to cope when life gets hard, and to let other people who are going through similar circumstances, know that these feeling are normal. But if some days you notice that I have not been on here...these are the days when I need time out, or I might be having such a good time out there in the real world, that I do not have time to get on my PC. I promise that all my post's will not be miserable, I am not that sort of person, and if that appears on here..... leave me a comment and tell me off! ha ha.
Anyway I am off to start another day. I might be out of puff...... but I have a smile as well!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My lovely friend Lynn....You are truly an amazing woman. I admire your strength and determination. Since meeting you I can honestly say that you are one of the most bright and cheerful people in my life. I adore your sense of humour and the way you 'light up my email inbox' with each of your messages to me. Despite an everyday struggle with your health Lynn, you still seem to keep smiling and really making a difference to the lives of those around you.....showing so much care to other people (me inluded) and taking the time to stay in touch. I am hoping and praying that you get that transplant real soon hun and feel well enough to do all the things I know you would love to be doing, like running around the park with your grandchildren. You are a real gem, an inspiration to all and have become a great friend to me. Thanks for being you....xxx