Friday 25 April 2008

ON THE ACTIVE TRANSPLANT LIST!


Well from 1.35pm today, I had a call from Papworth to tell me that I am now officially on the Transplant List. Pager ready... mobile ready.. land line ready...and my bag packed, feeling excited, but god sooooo scared! Every time my phone rings I shall be on tender hooks. But I have waited for this for 7 years now, and just can' believe its happening. I have told all my family and friends that they might get a call. They are all elated for me. I hope that my new lungs come soon, but it is also very sad to think that someone has to die to give me a life !

Everyone has been so good to me over the years, but I just want to be Lynn again, I want to be able to breathe, and I don't think that it is to much to ask. After all, it is a natural thing that all of us do.....in fact without lungs we would die. Unfortunately I only have 14% of my lungs working now. So the only things that I can do, is go out in my chair or my scooter, doing wheelies in sainsburys, eating my partners lovely dinners(I even struggle doing that now) and cuddling my grandchildren. I am a happy person, and I always will be, and intend to remain so. I know having a transplant has it's risk's..but that I am prepared to take. After all, someone would have had to have died to give me the chance to have a life, so I think that I should relish that life, not to waste one second.... but savor every moment!

Many of my friends who have had transplants, have told me that they have had a few false alarms before they got their new lungs, so I am prepared for that to happen, even though it will be traumatic, it will be something I have to get used to. My partner Bob just said to me that it feels a bit like waiting for Christmas to come, but I did say to him not to expect me to jump out of a box wearing tinsel, because I might get a bit out of puff.

I am going to attempt to show Bob how to update my blog, so that when the time comes for my new lungs he can let you all know. So just pop me on the desktop and every now and then you can look in for updates. He will try I promise!!

I hope the rest of my friends who are poorly,also get good news. You have all helped me immensely. Thank you. Lots of love x x x x

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

CONGRATS LADY,CAN'T WAIT FOR THAT DAY THAT YOU GET TO ROMP WITH THOSE BABIES,AND GIVE BOB SOMETHING TO SMILE ABOUT.LOVE YA LOTS,dEBBY

Anonymous said...

I am so extremely HAPPY that after 7 long years you have finally got on that ACTIVE transplant list Lynn!!!!!!! wooooooohoooooooooo!

You blog made me giggle a few times though....I now cant get the image outta my head of you jumping out of a big box wrapped in tinsel! lol

you really are truly beautiful person, on the inside and out and I am so very proud to call you my friend and very honoured that you call me yours.

I hope you get that call/page real soon sweety, I really do. I can only imagine the mixture of emotions you must be feeling right now...fear, excitement, hope, anxiety.....I suppose it will feel like you are on a rollar coaster going through a whirlwind??

I will always be right here by your side hun.

Love you ooooodles, huge hugs

Don xxxxx