Monday 21 April 2008

DANCING ON TARMAC



A few day's ago one of my friends asked me if I would like to go to see Dancing On Ice with herself, her boyfriend and her mother as they had a spare ticket. I grabbed the chance, because If I get on the transplant list I will be too frightened to go far for a while...it was in Birmingham which is 85 miles away. So Saturday at 4.30pm off we went, going at a steady speed all the way. But I must admit when we got into Birmingham my heart did stop a few times. The driver lived in Birmingham, so he knew how to dodge in and out of traffic, it is the only way in a busy city. My Bob does it when he go's back to London.But I felt completely safe anyway!
We got to the show, I was in my wheelchair and I must admit the staff were excellent. Nothing was to much trouble for them. We had brilliant seats, but were not allowed to take photos as they had cameras there doing a DVD. Chris Fountain and Gareth Gates were there...so I was happy! The skating was superb. Much better live than on TV. During the break we were told that towards the end of the show there would be a lot of pyrotechnics and that would cause a lot of smoke, so might affect people with lung conditions. But it was not as bad as we thought. But still spectacular without the smoke, so it suited me.
Anyway it was time to go home. A fantastic night was had by all.Now for the long drive home. I had a shopping trip the next day with my daughters, so I was looking forward to getting into my bed. It was raining and very cold.I was in the back with V's mum, and then we got on the way. Dodging in and out of traffic as we had to on the way there. D soon got us out, back onto the motorway. We approached the roundabout that would lead us onto the A14, D pulled out, he was a very good driver. Then from out of nowhere an old BMW came out and hit our car on the side! I was terrified. It then hit us again, we spun round several times and hit the crash barrier twice. I prayed we would all be OK. There were a few witnesses so at least we had proof that we were not responsible. Both drivers got breathalysed but none had been drinking. The other driver just got a bit cocky and wanted to show off. We called 999 but had to wait for over half an hour for the police. When 1 policeman finally got there he said we were lucky to be alive, if the car had turned over then we would have had it!! I really think that there was an angel with us that evening. In a few days time, I find out if I can have my transplant, and then I end up nearly being able to donate my own organs.....OK my lungs have had their day, but there is a lot more of me that can be donated. So thank God I am OK! A big thank you to D,V and M. If you read this then you know who you are.And at least we got our pyrotechnics. Ha Ha.
My big day is on Wednesday, so I am very emotional at the moment.I might do another post before then, but If I don't get the time, then please keep all your fingers crossed. By the way..Dancing on Ice was much better than Dancing on Tarmac, you get to have a nice hot coffee in the interval.... Ha Ha. Be safe x x x

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

WELL WELL, little did i know that whilst I was away amongst the mountains you were dancing on tarmac! From reading your post Lynn you seriously sound VERY lucky indeed..how unlucky was that, dear me i dont even want to think about it I just cant believe it and those pictures! Your poor friends car! You were all so so lucky, bet you were all majorly shaken.
Everything is crossed for Wednesday darling and we will all be praying for you.
Talk very soon, Lots of love and hugs xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Anonymous said...

OMG Lynn! How lucky were you all.
How frightening... girl, if you can get out of this, you can beat EVERYTHING x

May your angel continue to watch over you, we ALL have one... and your's will be with you today.

I have everything crossed for you,

Hugs and Love, Anne x x x x