Saturday 5 April 2008

TRIP TO IKEA


Well I had a mad day on my scooter today. Bob decided that I needed a day out so we went to Ikea. We went to the one near Tottenham, please don't ask me where it was exactly as I have no idea! and after the day we had I think that we will go to Ikea via the Internet next time...mind you, can you get nice hot Swedish meatballs online..will have to check that one out! Anyway on the way there, we got stuck in a traffic jam. The M11 south had come to a stand still, and we had to get diverted, the queues were awful. I find it hard to sit in one place now, especially if it is in a small place. I get cramp very easily...so I am better if I try to get around a little, even if I get breathless!
Bob was as good as ever, I think we ended up eating about 5 packs of Polo's in the car and I must have got through a bottle of water, but thankfully I didn't need him to stop half way for the loo...which is most unusual for me! As we finally pulled up in Ikea car park...Bob mentions that he thinks we left the keys to the scooter back at the house. I couldn't say on here the thoughts that was going through my head, but I looked at Bob and he didn't look very happy. He was worried as we had wanted to come here for age's, but I hadn't felt up to it until now, and if we didn't have the key to the scooter, then I wouldn't be able to get around the store. We had to wait until he pulled up ,then he went to check and the key was in the scooter. I have never seen a man cheer up so quickly....lol. So scooter put together... we was ready for the off! first call was the restaurant for their Swedish Meatballs. We have this every time we come. I find eating difficult now, my breathing gets harder when I have had a meal,but I do love my food, so meatballs it was for both of us...and I must say they was delicious, It made waiting in queues well worth the while.
After the meal I raced off down the shopping aisle,forgetting that I had wheels and Bob had legs... looking at all the new things that they had. The purpose of our trip was to look for cabinets. For those of you that I haven't told, Bob and I are buying a bungalow together after my transplant, so we are looking for ideas for our new place....I wasn't as struck on Ikea as much as my first visit, but we still had a good day. When we got home it was straight on the nebuliser for me. I was puffing and panting like someone 100 years old! after 10 minutes on my neb, I was much better. Ready for bed and ready to face another day tomorrow,and I am sure that it will bring me another challenge!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Lynn. I recieved your nice comment on my blog and had to check yours out. You have a lovely family, and sounds like your having a tough time with your COPD. I'll send your prayers your health improves! Thank you for checking in and best wishes! Lori

Jane said...

Hi Lynn

You look as beautiful as usual!

Thinking of you always

Jane