Sunday 13 April 2008

NOT LONG NOW

My daughter Louise and granddaughters Cary's and Evie. I didn't have a nice photo when I included my family, but I love this one!


I am pleased to say that this month seems to be flying by....even though I would love to have it over with right now! But not long to go. I had my pre-assessment this week. I was terrified, some of my friends had already had an angiogram, yet had not had to attend hospital days before , so I was wondering why I had to.....but it was nothing to worry about. The reason for my pre-assessment was that I was having my angiogram first thing Tuesday morning, so they liked to get the tests done before, as there wouldn't be much time before, so tests over with.....bloods,ECG,blood pressure. So once again panic over and a waste of my energy getting worried. So if any of you have to go for pre-assessment then please do not panic!!! it's not as bad as it seems!
I have to be at the hospital at 8am on Tuesday. I am not worried as the test is done so many times,I am sure I am in capable hands. They are so good at Papworth. I have to stay all day...so my Bob will be pleased, he might get some peace. I might need new lungs, but if there are people on here that know me...you will all know that it will never stop me talking...ha ha. I always have a good excuse, I have to improve my lung function, and at 14% it needs improving.
I haven't really done much this week, apart from the pre-assessment. Just spending time with Bob, and seeing my grand-children. They are poorly at the moment. Sharlie has got Slap Face (no I didn't slap her, it is a virus) and Cary's has glandular fever. Fortunately I haven't caught it. Obviously my daughters wouldn't have let me have contact with them if they had known, but as you all know, sometimes that is not possible. But I am fine, so hopefully I will remain germ free, and it is always nice to spend time with my family. Bob's daughter Sue also came over, so we had a lovely time. I enjoy spending days with family, they are so important to me!
I had a busy day on Friday..I am in a DVD for the NHS, so they came to film me. I just had to say what I thought about long term conditions. It was brilliant. I love to put my illness to good use.And by being positive and showing people that you can be in control of your condition is a good way to start. So a busy few days, but I am not complaining! I just want to get this month over with, as then I hope I can concentrate on getting my transplant!
Until the next time!

No comments: