Thursday 17 April 2008

ANGIOGRAM RESULTS

Sorry for the delay..only the last few days have been rather hectic! I went in for my angiogram on Tuesday. I had to be there at 8am , so got up at 5. It seems to take me forever to get ready these days. I can remember the good old days when I would jump out of bed, drag a pair of joggers on, and take 15 minutes to get showered and dressed. How I wish for those days again....but I am going to do just that.....WAIT!!!
Anyway I had the procedure. I had never had an angiogram before, but I have to admit that it was OK...no big deal! I felt a slight pushing feeling but that was it. I think the worse part was waiting for the actual procedure! It seemed to be forever, but that was just nerve's I realise that now. Anyway I have a bruise that looks like I have done 10 rounds with Mike Tyson! It is massive. I tend to bruise very easily, but this one beats them all. But with the results that I received it was worth it. The registrar came to see me on the ward to tell me that I have no sign of coronary heart disease!! YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!
So this means that I am one more step towards that list......and to getting my new life. Roll on Wednesday the 23rd April...less than a week to find out. I have all sorts of emotions going on inside my head.....excitement,anticipation,fear,frustration and even anger.Yes for the first time I feel angry that it has to be me that is going through all this, and that makes me feel awful. I just want to be like everyone else. To be able to do enjoy a life with my partner......and not have to rely on him to be my carer, to be able to be a good Nanny to my grandchildren......pushing them on the swings, not having to put my family and friends through all this worry.....just to be a normal lover,mother, Nanny, sister and friend. I ask myself is this to much to ask? But then I realise that I am not the only person out there waiting for this chance of a life. So I stop the "negative Lynn" and get back to the person that I am. Because at this moment I need to be positive!
So Wednesday is the day that I find out....so I intend to give it my best. I might even crack open a bottle of bubbly to celebrate if i get on the list! even though I would only have a sip. Then I will think about all the other people that are waiting for the chance to get new organs. I really wish there were more donors. I have met so many people who need a chance of a new life. Please....if you, or anyone else you know, would be able to sign the Organ Register then it could make a real difference! You can't take your organs to heaven with you, so why waste them,when they could give someone a new life. I have seen adults and children that have died because they didn't get that chance! That breaks my heart! If through all of this, I can help one person to decide to sign that register, then I will be happy.

Say Yes to Organ Donation
Anyway on a more cheerful note I have an exciting weekend coming up! My friend came over a few days ago and said she had a spare ticket for Dancing on Ice with Torville and Dean....right at the front. I am sooooooooo excited. I will have to take plenty of oxygen and my good old wheelchair..you never know they might ask me make an appearance if Gareth Gates doesn't turn up. So a big Thank You to Yvonne and her mum! Then on Sunday I am going shopping with my daughters for the day.They have all their birthday money to spend! I am really looking forward to spending the day with them in a different setting. A happy...cheerful retail therapy setting...much better that transplant talk. I have my scooter now, so I can go as far and as fast as I like.No doubt I will be very tired after, but it wil help me to think about something else! I will update you on how low my bank balance is next time I log on. But until then.. if you see me stuck on my Scooter in Bedford on Sunday then come and get me out!
Mobility Scooter Problem

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi SWEETIE! Really enjoyed the blogs,you have a way with words.I know all those moods all to well myself.I can just see you on that scooter,you probably run Bob's legs off you bad girl,lol.Keep up the good work and the positive attitude or I'll be over there and put you over my knee and paddle that bum!(YOU MIGHT LIKE IT THOUGH)LOL,LOVE YOU VERY MUCH,DEBBY

Anonymous said...

Awww Lynn i do love you ever so much, your sense of humour despite all you are going through is just superb! You really did make me chuckle with the scooter scenario! haha. These blogs are good girl keep it up..im loving reading them! Roll on the 23rd!!!!!!!! Enjoy your shopping trip tomorrow hunny, all my love as always,
Nattie noodles! LOL xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Anonymous said...

well written babe - only wednesday to go now. Love you loads, Bob XXXXXXXXX