Monday 5 May 2008

A CALM BANK HOLIDAY

Not a lot has happened health wise since my last post. It has just been a case of getting used to my pager and actually being on the list! This can be traumatic.. as for some reason every noise you hear seems to sound like the stupid pager. Noises that you would never have heard in the past seem to become very common..even the sound of a child's horn on their scooter nearly gave me a heart attack. But I am pleased to say that I am a little more settled now!

My breathing is a little more labored than usual. I am not to worried about it, and am trying to stay as mobile as I can. I know if I sit down all the time then it will make matters worse. With COPD it is always better to stay as mobile as possible...even when on the transplant list, as if you have no exercise and you get mucus lurking in your lungs, it will always turn to infection. I am not saying that I will be walking marathons at the moment, but even a slow walk around my bungalow will help to keep it moving...even though at times this proves much harder to achieve now! little and often is a good motto to have.

This Bank holiday my scooter has had an airing. I could hear the shops calling my name! Yes I could have stayed in bed, but the weather has been beautiful and I thought that fresh air would do me good...not that the air around here is very fresh... but better than staying inside on my PC. Yesterday we went to Cambridge. It was so nice to see family's out together. I love this time of year. At the moment I can't seem to manage the heat very well, so this weather is perfect for me! We managed to get around all the shops on the Retail Park without me knocking anyone over...which for me is a miracle. I always seem to find the highest stack of toilet rolls or some mad person who walks right in front of my scooter...if looks could kill I would have been gone a few times by now....lol. And as for toilet rolls you may have noticed that the Andrex puppy seems to be off our TV screens.... I think he is still hiding from me.

On a more serious note I have decided that if my breathing still feels like this next week then I might call up the docs and see If I do need some IV antibiotics. I am on tablets at the moment, but they don't seem to be making much difference. I will see how things progress and keep you all posted. I hope you have all had a good holiday weekend!

No comments: