Saturday 10 May 2008

IT AIN'T HALF 'OT MUM

I know that most people will be enjoying this hot weather...but I am really suffering at the moment. I am covered in a rash which apparently is caused by a sensitivity to the sun. Even though I have been sat in the shade. They think that my medications have caused it. I was aware that post transplant I will not be allowed to sit in the sun as the anti-rejection drugs will cause the same symptoms. So I had to get up at 5am today to have a cold shower as the rash was really itchy ,and then had to cover myself in a cortisone cream that the doctor gave me! So much for summer, I was looking forward to sitting under the parasol...hoping there might be some breeze to help my breathing, but not a chance now! I suppose I could always stick my head in the fridge or spend the entire day sat in my bedroom with the air con on! I have also been given a sun block, the pharmacist hasn't got it in yet, but hopefully that should do the trick.

My week hasn't been to good health wise, I am still coughing and even more breathless at the moment. I am on antibiotics, but its not really doing the trick... so I might have to go in for a few days next week for IV's. I have a port... so the access is easier than having to find a vein, my veins are non-existent so my port makes such a difference. I am hoping if I do have to be admitted they will let continue IV's at home. I am very lucky as I only live 20 minutes away from my hospital, so I don't think it would be a problem. I really want to avoid being a patient at the moment, but I think it is important to stay infection free in case my pager goes off.

I had 2 birthdays to celebrate on Friday.....my Bob's birthday and my son-in-laws, so it has been a busy and expensive week. It seems to be that 70% of people I know or am related to have their birthday in May. So I think that in the future I will be asking everyone who is thinking of being my friend when their birthday is...if they say its in May then I might avoid them a find a friend who has one in August! Joking aside I had a lovely day yesterday...Bob was happy with his presents and spending the day with me, and all the family came over. In the evening we went to Bobs son's and had a massive Chinese meal, so much for my diet! I treasure days like this...each day is precious and should be lived to the full. I intend to live mine.......its a struggle but worth it and hopefully my day will come!

For any of you that would like to be notified when I write a new post, put your email address in the "Subscribe by email" and they will let you all know!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's my girl,keeping the spirits up,although I would imagine sometimes it's hard.especially when your all itchy!!Keep your faith and know I pray for you every night your at the top of my list.hope you get to feeling better,and stay OUT of that hosp,until the big day comes any way!I adore you baby cakes,love ,Debby

Anonymous said...

sticking your head in the fridge is a good one, always works! hahah.. short lived though. Keep that smile on your face and that fab humour you have hunny your coping brilliant at the moment. I really hope you manage to get IVs at home because i no what your saying about being a patient..its really difficult for you, although you know as well as I do that if you need to be in hospital you NEED to be in and no arguing!!!
Really glad you enjoyed the last few days with all the family, these days are precious you are right. Stay strong babe, love always xxxxxxxxxx

Jac said...

Hi there, thanks for the comment on my blog :-) Congrats on being listed - I know it probably all feels very new and scary just now, but it will settle down and you will stop jumping everytime the phone rings, lol.

I hope the orals kick in soon( I wonder if its ciproxin your on, when you mention the rash?) You are allowed in the sun post Tx, as long as you have high factor cream on, so don't worry!

Hope you are feeling better soon..
Jac x